Late C19 landscape with stone lined carriage drives laid out by George Burt from 1880 around Durlston Castle. This folly was designed as a restaurant and as a focal point for a cliff top development of villas which, in fact, were never built. Little remains of the exotic planting along the coastal path above Durlston Bay which constitutes the EH listed site.
A 40 ton stone Globe and other stone features were designed to educate visitors.
This area has since 1971 been part of Durlston Country Park, 280 acres owned and managed by Dorset County Council.
Public access. Car park. restaurant and Visitors Centre - which also covers the eastern Jurassic Coast.